the world is not enough

everything under the sky

Friday, November 26, 2004

This week has been quite busy and interesting. First there was the new students orientation. As part of the senior batch we were asked to help the new students settle down in Singapore and get the know the place around the University. The students were split into multiple batches and each batch was assigned to couple of senior students. I had about seven of them from Vietnam, Singapore and India. It was quite an interesting mix, some shy, some extroverted and a few a bit puzzled!! The school had organized a few games to break the ice and my group managed to win the cheer leading competition!! The end result, I got a couple of gifts for the time spent. Well, I did have fun all the way too.

My next block of courses started yesterday and this time I have signed up for an Accounting course and an Information management course. I like both the subjects and hope it will give me an exciting time studying them.

To all the people interested in Sri Vaishnavism, there is an interesting site with mp3 files of slokas rendered by Sri Sunder Kidambi. www.prapatti.com contains the mp3 files that can be freely downloaded and Mr. Kidambi has taken effort to render the slokas with a clear diction which is useful for those learning the slokas and for general listening. The site is updated quite frequently and you can see the latest uploads on the home page. I found this quite interesting and useful. I hope you enjoy them too. For those who do not understand what Sri Vaishnavism means, it is a form of religion and / or philosophy where the manifestation of belief is through total devotion for Lord Vishnu. I shall try to write a bit more on Sri Vaishnavism and its culture at a later date (no promises though :-)). It is quite interesting and involves complex and intriguing cluture, tradition and art. The expression of devotion is mostly through wonderful poems praising Lord Vishnu.

I hope to process more pictures from my hike to the nature reserves and post them soon. So keep looking now and then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home